Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life in Provo

I know I haven't written in a long time or posted any real updates. I tend to like to update when I have pictures to post, unfortunately I have none right now. Not much is going on right now, Jeffrey is busy with school, and I am with work. We both try to stay very busy playing as often as possible as well. But here are a couple things that have gone on in the not to distant past...

My little brother Kev got home from his mission a couple weeks ago. I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera, but Mel has some posted on her blog. It was so fun to be home for an extended weekend to spend time with Kev as he was getting adjusted to normal life again. It is so nice to be able to text and call him whenever I want and I really look forward to him moving out here the beginning of May. It'll be nice to have a sibling out here that's for sure!

As most of you have see my advertising, Mel, my mom and I started a cooking blog. I think that's where most of my blogging efforts have gone lately. I tend to not care about this blog as much, because I have a lot more fun with the contents of our other blog. Along with that, one of Mel's posts was a broccoli soup with homemade bread bowls. I had never made bread before so Mel did step-by-step instructions for me. Little did she know she would create a monster. Lately I just try to find excuses to make bread. I love it a lot. I have a lot of fun making it and there's nothing like it when our apartment smells of fresh homemade bread :) Other than bread I get excited about out blog because with the help of my mom and Mel I do feel like my cooking skills are improving (which is one of my New Years resolutions, so I am very happy) I am really enjoying it and every week I look forward to the Recipe of the Week.

Mel made me an awesome apron for Christmas. Mel, I love it. Another reason I like to cook is just so I can wear it. Also, my Dad bought me a timeless Kitchen-Aid mixer for my bridal shower. It is probably one of my favorite things. With out it I would not be the wonderful (aspiring) cook that I am. :)

As stated in an earlier post Jeffrey and his friend Dustin go running often. I've started running (much shorter distances) as well. Next weekend we are running in a 5k and then in June I am running a half marathon and the guys are running the full marathon. Yeah, the sound of it makes my legs exhausted. I'm not one of those people that exactly likes running. I think the whole time I'm running I'm just counting down until I can stop. Oh well. I have Jeff for motivation.

Jeffrey turned 23 on January 24. He's getting so old. haha. I love to relish in the fact that we are the same age for 2 months. I think he had a fun birthday. He got to go snowboarding and we went out to dinner with all of our friends the day before his birthday. On his birthday the whole family got together for dinner and dessert. I'm not the greatest wife and didn't get him too much for his birthday, but at least his tires are safe on his car now. I laugh at thinking about his birthday last year. We had only been dating about a month and I struggled with what to get him. Fun times though. It's been a wonderful year!!

I've been ready for warm weather for a long time now...I think since before it got cold. I also decided I think I need to live in Arizona....or Hawaii. You know, strictly for health purposes. I'm not WELL when it's cold.

Anyways, sorry I don't have a really exciting post for you all but there you have it...
my life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Love the update! And I am so with you on living in a warm place. Hopefully someday.

Melanie said...

Haha, I love it. Even without the pictures. I'm so happy you like the apron and your new love of baking bread. It makes me want to go make some myself. Anyway ... keep up the posting ... I'll do one for you soon.