I know people hate brag-posts.
So if that's you...just stop reading now.
Because I want to brag.
I accomplished one of my biggest goals I've set for myself. And I'm pretty dang proud.
I ran a half marathon on Saturday and my finishing time was 2:11:46
I don't know if I had a ton of adrenaline or what, but I enjoyed the whole race. I never felt like I ran out of steam, and my body didn't start hurting until I stopped running. It was such a great feeling. I felt very lucky to have all the Worthen side of the family and Tara at the finish line to share this with me.
Now to brag about my amazing husband. He finished the marathon in 3:14:09. He did amazing! Not only did he finish his race in an incredible time, after he was done, and after we watched Kevin and Rachel run their 5k I drove him back to his friend Dustin who had about 6 more miles to finish. That's right, Jeff ran ANOTHER 6 miles with Dustin after running a marathon. He is such a good friend. I was about in tears when I saw them come across the finish line. So many great accomplishments for everyone that day.
Here are a few pictures to highlight the experience :)
So if that's you...just stop reading now.
Because I want to brag.
I accomplished one of my biggest goals I've set for myself. And I'm pretty dang proud.
I ran a half marathon on Saturday and my finishing time was 2:11:46
I don't know if I had a ton of adrenaline or what, but I enjoyed the whole race. I never felt like I ran out of steam, and my body didn't start hurting until I stopped running. It was such a great feeling. I felt very lucky to have all the Worthen side of the family and Tara at the finish line to share this with me.
Now to brag about my amazing husband. He finished the marathon in 3:14:09. He did amazing! Not only did he finish his race in an incredible time, after he was done, and after we watched Kevin and Rachel run their 5k I drove him back to his friend Dustin who had about 6 more miles to finish. That's right, Jeff ran ANOTHER 6 miles with Dustin after running a marathon. He is such a good friend. I was about in tears when I saw them come across the finish line. So many great accomplishments for everyone that day.
Here are a few pictures to highlight the experience :)
My mother in law, Kathy, drove down University Ave and took some pictures of Amanda and I. Here we both are, with lovely faces...and our eyes closed haha.
I know it looks like that man is walking as fast as I'm running, but I swear, I'm passing himComing across the finish line!!
Amanda and I after we finished and got our Finisher's Medal. I have to say, I was VERY excited to get that medal
Jeffrey, finishing. Looking like he's enjoying the cheering from his fan club!
The happy couple.
Amanda, Me & Jeffrey
After running 6 miles with Dustin, that is 32.2 miles of pain on his face :)
Dustin SPRINTING to the finish line!!
Best friends
Our photo Op
Here is a link to the professional pictures they took:
brightroom event photography
brightroom event photography
3 comments:
That is seriously SO awesome! That is so cool that it became a family experience! And the backdrop is gorgeous! Way to go ... Idaho! Someday I'll get back into it! :D
Amazing! I am totally impressed. You look awesome running too!
You do it! How awesome are you? I am amazed by you! Next up...the Marathon!
Post a Comment