Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh, 2011, you've been good so far.

I know I haven't updated my blog in awhile besides random video clips and random thoughts that come into my mind. I feel a little disconnected lately, I'm not sure why. But I'm sitting on my couch on my Friday off and I figured a lot has gone on lately and I figured I'd write it all down, and if no one reads this, at least I've semi-documented my life since I'm so bad at journal writing (yes, Mel, I know I have a ldsjournal account, thank you.)

In January I was lucky enough to go home for a week and meet my beautiful new niece Cali. I fell in love with her right away, and I am so lucky to be there. I have been at all 4 of Mel's kid's births and I hope to not miss any more that come. It's an amazing experience to see a baby be born, especially one that beautiful :) I had fun seeing lots of friends (shout out to blog stalker, Dana) and catching up with lots of family. Like most of the family while I was there, I got the flu. But at least I got to share that magical moment with so many people. I'm just grateful none of Mel's kids vomited while in my sole care.

Before I went to California I interviewed for a position to work for the Provo City Council. I applied on a whim, and more wishful thinking of bigger pay checks. As soon as I landed in California I found out that I got a second interview, and as soon as I was back in Utah I pretty much went straight to my second interview. Lo and behold I got offered the job, and of course, I accepted. I just finished my second week working for the Council and I am enjoying just about every minute. It can be stressful, and it is busy from the time I walk into the office until the time I walk out. But I am very happy there. I love that this job requires me to use my brain. I love that I am learning so much about the community and the people in it.
One of the most stressful things for me about my job is what to wear every morning. Eeek, I said it. Although I've been in "professional" jobs since I graduated college, never have I been in a job where what I wear is actually important. I actually have to look like a professional. So, it is something I have work on. And, shoot. I'll just have to start expanding my wardrobe.
I know I was blessed to get this job.

On February 12, I had a nephew be borned. Rachel, my sister-in-law, had her baby. She and Kevin named him Sawyer Douglas Worthen and he is absolutely adorable. I've invited myself over to her house once already to hold him, and I feel that I might be inviting myself over sometime soon.

Valentine's day was a good day. Jeff was a smart man and got me pretty flowers and See's candy. (which I'm having a hard time staying away from right now!) We stayed home together and made a delicious dinner. It was pork chops and mashed potatoes, broccoli and rolls. It was fun just making dinner with him and relaxing to a romantic movie. Haha. that's the funny part. We watched Cars. Jeff had never seen it and it just so happens we are both fans of animated movies.
No not anime

Jeff and I are also starting to train for a few races we have planned for this year. The first one is next month. We'll be running the Rex Lee Run again this year. We're both hoping to get some PRs. We've been playing with the idea of running the Provo City Half Marathon, and we are both running the Utah Valley Marathon. Its been fun for us running together and I think it's a fun thing we share.

Jeff had his golden birthday last month. We celebrated by going out to eat with some friends, and his present from me....running shoes. How exciting huh. I will be 25 in about a month, and I'll say it now...I'm getting old. I know that probably sounds silly, but I remember being young and thought women that were 25 were really old. So yes, I'm reaching that point...I mean my hair is even turning grey. Bleh. I'm already a little sad that I won't be in California for Melanie's birthday next month.

I hope I didn't bore you all with details of my life lately, and if I did, well I'm not sorry. haha! I hope you all enjoy the long weekend!!



4 comments:

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

did you go out to eat at brick oven? haha... you guys are crazy with your running, but being this huge has even made ME want to run- so you can be my inspiration!

Rachel W said...

You can come snuggle Sawyer anytime you want :-)

Rachel Worthen said...

Sorry, didn't sign out of a different account before... that was me :)

Melanie said...

I haven't commented yet, but I did read this ... a while ago. 2011 has been great so far. I think it was a miracle that Cali came when she did. I mean seriously ... my water breaking? That's not supposed to happen!! I think you must have been praying pretty hard or someone decided to give you a break finally, or maybe He decided to give me a break. Either way, I'm so glad you were there, even though you had to rush away so quickly ... thank you flu virus. It wouldn't have been the same without you.