I am writing this on my phone as I rock Dottie to sleep. I have noticed quite a few people writing on Facebook something they are thankful for every day in November. I admire those people and wish I had enough gumption and dedication to do that. But as I sit here and look at my daughter I am struck with gratitude. I have been blessed with a perfectly healthy little girl who is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am in awe of the love I have for her as her mother and I have grown so much appreciation for my parents and my heavenly parents. As much as I love Dottie I know that our Heavenly Father loves her and me infinitely more. It is a deep concept and one I know by principle and faith only. I can't imagine anyone loving Dottie more than Jeff and I do, but I know The Lord does and I am so grateful he has trusted us to raise and nurture Dottie.
In the last 2 weeks Dottie has started smiling back at Jeff and I. I almost cry every time. Jeff said something today that struck me. He said "isn't it interesting that you can't teach a smile." I've been thinking about that a lot this evening and I am amazed by that thought. I love Dottie's perfection and her pure happiness. I am so thankful for her and Jeff that make up my little family. Life couldn't be better.
Thank you to everyone that helped me think about what I am thankful for this holiday season. I love reading everyone's lists of thankfulness.
And now I will post a lot of pictures of Ms. Dottie.
1 comment:
This little one just gets cuter and cuter every day! It really is amazing the emotions you get upon becoming a mother, there's nothing else like it in the world :-)
Post a Comment