Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby it's cold outside.

Here's a few updates and things that have been going on. First off it's fall and that means deer hunting. As Jeff and I were leaving the other day we walked out to the car and Dustin was outside hanging up a freshly killed buck. Kinda gross. I'm not used to being surrounded by so many hunters. I prefer the gatherers ;) Presenting Liam Wayne Jackson. One of my best friends Katie Larsen Jackson had her first little boy a few weeks ago. He is a doll! We went to his blessing last Sunday and it was so fun seeing her parents and being there for his blessing.
On Sunday Jeffrey and I decided to go for a drive through the Alpine Loop and other places. It was so beautiful with all the leaves different colors. I liked the bright yellow ones so those are the majority of the pictures I took.
Isn't he so handsom :)
I made him take some pictures with me too :)
There was this old Beetle at his grandparent's property up the canyon. I thought it was kinda cool so I took some pictures of it. I also love how "Beetle" Was painted on the side. I don't know that I've seen that before.
More yellow trees :)
Isn't it beautiful?!
I accidentally got the motorcycle in the picture, but when I looked at it thought it was a pretty cool picture.
And the latest and greatest news. Jeffrey, his brother and my in-laws all went in on this boat. Isn't she gorgeous :) We really can't wait to go wakeboarding next summer now that we have a boat and we each have new wake boarding gear. We went wakeboarding last Saturday and it felt so great...well not the water...that was cold, but being on a wakeboard on the water was awesome. I'll start the count down for summer :) Also, I didn't get good pictures, but the boat is also able to make it so you can wake surf on it. So Jeff and Kevin both tried it and it looks like a lot of fun. So who wants to come play with us in Utah next summer!!! (Am I laying on a bribe too thick?)
One last thing. My mother in law made this Pumpkin Dip the other day for us to dip in apples. it sounded weird to me at first but it is DELICIOUS! Please try it everyone! It's the perfect fall treat!
Pumpkin Dip
1 pint of whipping cream- Whipped
1 - 5 oz pkg Instant Vanilla pudding
1- 15 oz (small can) solid pack pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
Just trust me. If I like it then everyone should. I am the world's pickiest eater!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

It is beautiful up there. I can see how Utah could grow on you.

Melanie said...

Woops, I didn't finish that comment ... Looks like fun. The leaves are gorgeous. The buck is somewhat fascinating/disgusting. I used to think I could possible get into hunting, but now ... I don't think so. I can't wait to try out the dip recipe. It would probably be a big hit for an appetizer for Thanksgiving. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry. Anyway, it all looks fun! Can't wait to see you soon.

kirsten and josh said...

looks like a blast... and wow utah looks gorgeous right now! :D how exciting!

Megan Holdaway said...

Love the update. I miss the fall so much. And I want to come visit next summer! Keep your fingers crossed :)

krisjane said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! I do love Utah in the fall! What a cool boat too! We will definitely be coming up for a visit now! :) Actually, Aaron and I were talking about coming to Utah next summer for a little family trip, so we can all hang out there! And I love pumpkin, so I will be making that dip soon!