Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dad's b-day weekend


Mom and Dad were here for the weekend for my Aunt Kathy's funeral and it just so happened to be on the weekend of Dad's bday AND BYU's first home game. My dad thought Kathy timed it perfectly!
Kathy was buried in Salt Lake City at the same cemetary as a few great people
Here is my mom at the Hinckley memorial. President Hinckley's cane is even there. It was amazing to run into and we were both very excited to see it.

We also found President David O. McKay's!
The next day Dad got to take my ticket and went to the BYU game to watch FSU kill them. He is wearing his bday present from Mel, Chris, Jeffrey and I. He was excited for his new shirt. He was really excited all weekend to go to the game. I'm just glad we had a ticket he could have. Otherwise the tickets were going from $80-100! While Dad and Jeffrey were at the game, Mom and I went to the BYU bookstore to look at books etc. We found this book: I'm not sure, but I don't think a book could be on a more specific topic.
And just FYI, I think this is one of my favorite close- up pictures from the wedding. I love a ton of the pictures and haven't printed any out yet because it's too hard. Jordan Farmer did a great job!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Must have been a fun weekend. Yes that book is totally random. I was so confused when you sent me picture mail of it. I agree about your wedding picture, that one is beautiful. It always needs to be framed by your bedside!

Megan Holdaway said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I wish my parents would come visit :(

Love the picture, too. Very nice!