
I forgot to take out my camera on the first day, but this is Bobbi and McKade on the second day riding on the boat.
We didn't mess around long before we got right to wake boarding :)
That's right, we're married.
Oh and this is me on the not-so-glassy water. It's ok, I got a few little jumps in! No pictures of course, just take my word for it...
After a crash I'm sure ...you know after my huge 360 I landed....
Oh yeah, that's right, he's my husband.
Jase & Ashlyn
An awesome arch
Sean took us down this channel that kept getting smaller and smaller!! It was awesome, but we had to use the men as bumpers so our boat wouldn't hit the rocks.

After we finally got to where the channel stopped, we got out and played around. Here is a little cove that Rachel is standing in.
Oh and the boys still tying up the boats.
Amanda & Olivia
Jeff at the very end of the channel, wanting to see how deep the water goes... I think he touched the bottom and it was maybe 7 feet deep if I'm remembering right. Check out the boats with the tubes as bumpers and stuff!
More exploring. If you walked a little ways, there was a little pool of water, seen here, then we continued walking to find more cool stuff.
Lindsey, Jase, Brenden, Tylee & Garrett
Jeff climbing up a rock
Olivia, McKade, Amanda & Kathy
We found this hole in the rock, so Sean decided to jump in...He joined a couple of lizzards down there.
Jeff, Bob, Bobbi & Kevin standing around the hole Sean is stuck in... He was trying to get out by himself but the rocks were too slick
Jeff & Kevin helping him get out.
He made it. He forgot the lizzards in the hole though.
Rachel & Kevin
Pretty rocks
Jeff driving with Bob....on the look out???
If you look close you can see petroglyphs. Click on the picture so it enlarges and you can see them better. I guess some indians used to live up on that perch. I forget how many little houses there were, but there were quite a few! Some of them you climbed down a latter, they had built their homes into the rock. Seemed like a pretty secure place to live, anyone that comes by they could just attack! I'm sure many kids died falling off the cliff though! I was so nervous the whole time we were up there because the kids were up there. I couldn't take pictures up there because we had to swim to the trail after parking the boat. So sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense!
This is a little cave- like thing we hung out in to get out of the sun for a few minutes. It was beautiful.
The other boat, mostly full of kids, but left to right:
Ashlyn, Tylee, Sean, Amanda, Olivia, Brenden & Garrett
More pretty rocks
Jeff & Kevin jumping off some rocks, don't worry, I was cool too and jumped off.
On the way home we drove through Capital Reef. Here is Jeffrey and I at the visitors center. Yes, I know I look beautiful. That's me tired after being on the lake for 4 days, and no make up and a little sun burnt :)
More petroglyphs. Click on this picture too. There were quite a few petroglyphs in Capital Reef!
More petroglyphs!
This deer was seirously not afraid of humans at all. We were RIGHT next to it and it could care less. It was too busy finding more grass to eat!
That was our trip!!! It is a beautiful place for sure!! Hopefully I can find some more, better pictures to post up!
4 comments:
That place looks gorgeous!! It makes me want to take a trip somewhere new. Hmmm ... can't wait for that day. Anyway ... seriously beautiful. Looks like fun!
Wow! Those are great photos of Lake Powell. Looks like you turned your trip into a fun adventure. Thank you for supporting Lake Powell. :-)
~Judy
http://ambassadorguides.com
Yay for Lake Powell! Great vacation and great pics Jenn, I've got plenty more when you want them! :)
Is that the place where someone got stuck and had to cut off their own arm with a blunt instrument so he could get out? I'm afraid of that place.
Post a Comment