Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July WEEKEND!

Jeff and I had a great 4th of July weekend! On Saturday we did nothing but play. We woke up in the morning and went to the fair on Center Street and walked around the shops. The weather was beautiful and it was fun. After that Jeff talked me into going golfing. He didn't really have to try. It sounded like a fun time with him. I don't think I would have wanted to go if anyone else was coming, but it was fun having him teach me how to golf, and it was fun spending time together in the nice weather! Here are a couple videos of me golfing. Jeff said I had to put the bad one on if I put the good one on. Don't laugh too hard.

Admit it. By the end I looked like a pro. I could hit it on the first time on the last few holes :)

But Jeff on the other hand...he's basically a pro, or at least looks like one
After golfing we went and went bowling where my sister-in-law Bobbi and my brother Kevin work. After that we went with a bunch of friends to Brick Oven (yum. seriously. yum) and then we went to see Carrie Underwood at the Stadium of Fire. I didn't feel the need to take pictures. I am not the hugest fan. But my favorite part was when the jets flew over head and then the fireworks. That was fun.

Sunday we had a BBQ with all the family, and lit off fireworks in the front yard. It was fun with good food!

Monday morning the celebration contiuned. Since it is Provo, it's a weekend long event :) Jeffrey and Dustin ran a 5k. Jeff did really well (of course).
I don't know why we posed in front of this funky house, but the finish line is in front of us. We didn't turn around for whatever reason. But still. He's great. So handsome. Dustin & Jeffrey

Dustin has lost over 100 pounds. Doesn't he look great!
The hot air balloons took off while the race was going, but this one is my favorite one I see every year!
Kathy, my mother-in-law was in the parade holding the Boy Scouts of America balloon
And Dustin got to be in the parade with the Maakoa group. Lucky lucky.
Fun weekend! I LOVE SUMMER TIME!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I thought they were just a bunch of practice swings... :)

Alicia said...

Wasn't your anniversary last weekend? Hope it was great!

Jennifer Karyn said...

It was actually yesterday and it was great!! Thanks!

Melanie said...

Crazy ... how did I miss this posting? I just noticed it!! Anyway ... looks like fun. I bet spending the 4th in Utah would be such a blast. Some year ... :D