My little brother went to this amazing restaurant in Salt Lake City last night.
It made me reminisce....
Jeffrey and I went to the Red Iguana for the first time when he took me to the airport to go home for Christmas...Christmas 2008. I remember being so nervous to have this really cute guy I barely knew take me to the airport. I don't remember much of what we talked about, but I remember having fun. I remember thinking that I really hoped I would see him once I got back to Utah.
After we ate at this AMAZING restaurant he took me to the airport. We said a bit of an awkward goodbye, only for me to realize my flight had been delayed about 3 hours. I texted him telling him this thinking it was kind of funny. To my surprise he said he'd come back and hang out with me. We hung out at the airport for about 3 hours together. Not even the part that has the food and stores, we couldn't get there because of security. No, we hung out around the baggage claim and by the place people wait for passengers. Pretty un-glamorous. But I remember having so much fun with him. I liked him. He made me excited to come back to Utah.
Less than 7 months later we got married.
Cute story.

8 comments:
I think I saw this place on "Diners, Drive In's and Dives" once! Cute story. I remember you talking about him that Christmas break also...
I remember hearing about that from Jeff's side too ;-) Also, loooove the Red Iguana! Mmmm, now I'm craving Mexican food!
Yes Kimbo it was on that show. I didn't see it but I heard from a bunch of people that it was.
Rachel, I'd love to hear Jeff's side of the story it'd go something like this "yeah, no big deal, I took some girl to the airport. You know, just whatever."
Ahhhhh, so sweet. I love reminiscing to ... fun times!
mmmmm, good mexican food...
Hahaha, that's almost exactly how it went ;-)
Aahhhh- I remember hearing that story from your mom- and I thought right then- "she is going to marry him."
awh that is a cute story! :)
and yes i am out here and would love to do your hair for you. only sucky thing is my schedule...
if you can come to my school on either a wed or thurs night from 5-7ish we can do it. (I am there till 10 but I think the latest they schedule appts for it 7)I dont know if you have ever been to an Aveda salon or not but its absolutely amazing- you get totally pampered with massages with every service you do :)
801 842 2574 just call me or text me anytime and we will work something out
Post a Comment