Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jeff & Dustin's 2nd Marathon

We went down to Huntington, UT yesterday so Jeff and Dustin could run their second marathon. They both did great and it was a lot of fun to see them accomplish this again. They ran through the San Rafael Swell. It was beautiful and made me realize how much I love Utah desert and the cool things you can see.
This picture is of Jeff getting off the bus. Because the road they ran on was a dirt road, we couldn't be there to see them pass the finish line because they didn't want the dust in the runners faces. So here is Jeff after he finished. Doesn't he look happy?!
Such a proud wife :)
After Jeff finished we waited for a few hours then we decided that since there was only 145 runners and a lot of them were done, we decided to go down the canyon and see some cool things...as well as cheer Dustin across the finish line!
Below is a dinosaur footprint. I thought it was so awesome to see! I love stuff like this!!

We also stopped to see some pictogryphs and some petroglyphs. They had faded a lot so I didn't get too many good pictures of them, but here is an example. it's so cool. I wish I knew what they were trying to portray in all of the pictures.
We drove past Dustin and Kellie decided to walk with him for a little bit
Close to finishing!

Another marathon completed!!

2 comments:

krisjane said...

That's awesome!! Congrats to both of them!:)

Melanie said...

Yeup ... very cool. Way to go Jeff. That dinosaur footprint is awesome!