Friday, October 8, 2010

Sensitive subject

I know this is a sensitive subject.
I know ElderPacker's talk has raised a lot of heat.
Read this article
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12744069
It's scary to me in all honesty. I love and admire ElderPacker and have 100% faith in what he said is from God.
It's just scary to me. It's scary because Activists are trying to tell us what we believe is false. They are belittling our beliefs and asking Elder Packer to retract his statement???
What is that all about???
I like how they say the statements by Elder Packer were "scientifically and factually inaccurate..." It's apparent they don't know what faith is about. It's not about scientifically proven facts. It's about faith in God and the leaders of the church and the inspiration they receive directly from Him. I know the gift of revelation is a very real and powerful thing that I am very grateful for. I know that we are to love and respect everyone. I just hope that we may get the same respect for our beliefs as well.

I'm sorry, I just needed to vent a little.
I have no idea who will read this...but I'll definitely moderate any comments. No haters.

4 comments:

Megan Holdaway said...

Wow, I had no idea there was such an uproar. At least they were listening to conference?

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

seriously, it pisses me off the people think they can tell us what we 'should believe' ... really? why don't you go join a church that teaches what you believe then, and leave me alone. and what, these people have never heard anything negative from any other churches? i seriously doubt it considering the pope has spoken out as leader of the largest church on earth against the very same thing. what a crock. elder packer is awesome and bold and good for him. and us for standing up for what we are ALLOWED to believe!

Rachel Worthen said...

I admire Elder Packer for having the guts to stand up for what he believes and to not let anyone bully him into changing his mind. He's definitely stronger than I am, guess that's why he's an apostle!

kayla said...

Thanks for standing with elder packer. What he said is from God and I am glad he said it. The world is coming down to it's final days, that is for sure...