Thanksgiving in Roseville was a lot of fun. It was soooo fun to be with all the family and grandparents, etc. It was very exciting that Gage was feeling well and was SO much fun for me to play with. It seems that every time we come to visit he isnt' feeling well or he's in the hopsital. So needless to say I loved my time with that happy little boy. We also slept at Mel & Chris' house which was wonderful and I got LOTS of time with their kids. I was in heaven. It was a wonderful trip home, especially because it was longer than we are normally able to go home for. I just can't believe that the next time I see Mel she'll be in labor or with a new baby! So crazy. I can only hope she holds out until January, although she looks like she could have the baby any day.
Before we made the trek home I started on these slippers for Mel. They didn't turn out quite as sturdy as I had hoped, but they gave me hope I guess you could say. I knitted another slipper on the way back to Utah and it actually turned out a lot better than the ones I gave Mel. Sorry you got the first pair sister. 
The drive to Roseville was...cold. And icy. As you can read the thermometer below... This was taken outside of Elko. Lucky for us when the sun came out the roads were less icy and we could actually go the speed limit.
Over Donner pass we were at a dead stop TWICE for over an hour each time. As you can see the roads are pretty clear, so we still have no idea why we were at a dead stand still. But at least we could get out and stretch our legs and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Thanksgiving morning I ran the Race to Feed the Hungry with my oldest brother, Jake. He ran the 10k and I ran the 5k. I'm proud to say I beat my first time by 6 minutes. Yes, my first time wasn't that great, but this time was pretty good. I'm proud of it. I ran it in 26:15. But I know I can do better than that. Being that I was running with about 30k people, it was hard to manuever. Sometimes I'd find myself at a dead stop. So I can't wait for the 5k race in March. Hopefully I'll get a better PR.
Over Donner pass we were at a dead stop TWICE for over an hour each time. As you can see the roads are pretty clear, so we still have no idea why we were at a dead stand still. But at least we could get out and stretch our legs and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Thanksgiving morning I ran the Race to Feed the Hungry with my oldest brother, Jake. He ran the 10k and I ran the 5k. I'm proud to say I beat my first time by 6 minutes. Yes, my first time wasn't that great, but this time was pretty good. I'm proud of it. I ran it in 26:15. But I know I can do better than that. Being that I was running with about 30k people, it was hard to manuever. Sometimes I'd find myself at a dead stop. So I can't wait for the 5k race in March. Hopefully I'll get a better PR.Yes I know my eyes are closed, but this is me (in the blue jacket) crossing the finish line :)
The finish line...I think Jeff took this before anyone actually finished
Jake and I after the race
The drive home from Roseville was long as well, we got to see beautiful snow in the Sierras though!
This was our view the last two hours of the drive. UGLY!!!
I'm hoping Mel will post more pictures of Thanksgiving, since I didn't have my camera, but it was all a blast!! Love thanksgiving!!!
This was our view the last two hours of the drive. UGLY!!!
I'm hoping Mel will post more pictures of Thanksgiving, since I didn't have my camera, but it was all a blast!! Love thanksgiving!!!
3 comments:
I can't believe you keep doing that drive in bad weather- you guys are nuts! i'm jealous you got to go home and have so much fun!
wow those slipper/socks are pretty cool! it looks like it would take forever to make those!! and way to go on your race :D
wow those slipper/socks are pretty cool! it looks like it would take forever to make those!! and way to go on your race :D
Post a Comment