As many of my avid readers know (Mel), I'm running a marathon on June 11.
I'm getting pretty nervous about it.
I ran 15 miles last weekend and towards the end of the run I didn't know if I could take another step. It scares me to know the pressure that I have on me to complete 26.2.
This weekend I plan on attempting (and hopefully succeeding) at running 18 miles. If I can do that I will have more confidence knowing I would only have to muster out 6 more.
I'm really hoping race adreniline will help push me through.
I have shin splints right now. Running 4 miles last night killed my shins....running 15 last weekend didn't hurt them at all. What's up with that??
I have a few toenails that are waiting to fall off. I just wish they would. I think they're more painful just hanging there.
Anyways, I'm sorry this is just rambling and I'm sure no one wants to hear it.
Also, I wish I had better feet. I wish I could wear cool shoes like Nike Frees instead of my boring Ascis with ultra support for my old lady feet.
Anyways, wish me luck on Saturday have me in your prayers as I shoot for 18....or just have me in your prayers until June 11.
2 comments:
YOU CAN DO IT!!! (Said with a lot of enthusiasm and slight indistinguishable accent)
That is awesome! I was dying after 13 miles, so I can't imagine doing 18. Good luck!
And I am still an avid reader of your blog :) It's one of the few I still read.
Post a Comment