So I have been in love with this blanket and I have been waiting to make it until I find out the gender of my baby. However, I also know a few other people that would like to make it. Since Jeff will be gone much of this week and basically until finals I thought it would be fun for me to do a tutorial on this. SOOO If any of you are interested in joining us I will start this tutorial Wednesday night probably. What you need to buy to get ready for this:
- #11 Circular Knitting Needle. I suggest the longest cord you can find at Michael's or Joann's. (don't get straight needles. Yuck.)
- 2 skeins of each color you want in your blanket. You will be knitting with 2 skeins at once. I would also recommend buying 100% cotton yarn. This is usually my favorite yarn to work with plus it is machine washable and I love it. I do not know the gender of my baby yet, so I will be starting with either grey or navy and then chnage some of the colors in a couple of weeks when I know what I am having. Also, my trick. If you want to save money on all of these things, be ready to go to the store 3 times in one day. I refuse to pay full price for anything if there is a coupon so I just go back multiple times in a day :) Hobby Lobby has a pretty good selection of cotton yarns (at least here in UT)
If you do not know how to knit yet, I suggest you get some practice with tension and casting on. on Youtube I recommend
this cast on method. And for very basic (and kind of intense) basic knit stitch instructions
this is a good video. I would work on doing rows and rows of this stitch to get your tension really great before we start this blanket :) yay, I'm a total geek and can't wait!
2 comments:
I'm so excited. Can't wait!
i don't know what a cord or whatever means, but i'll just ask the lady at the store. whenever i make it to the store. i hope you aren't waiting on me, i tend to be late, lately.
Post a Comment