Thursday, July 10, 2008

And I'm glad to be an American where at least I know I'm freeeeeeee

On July 3rd the town of Provo pretty much goes up in a frenzy. There is a parade that goes down University Ave. A lot of people were camping out on our front lawn including a late night visitor. This is Tyson. He got to my house along with Jesse at like 4 in the morning. I went outside and found him asleep on the grass with his tennis racket not knowing the majority of our friends were sleeping inside in the living room. He looked quite cozy but we woke him up so he could sleep in a bed in a house that was semi-quite. This is the breakfast I made for about 15 people. Good ol' french toast, bacon, home-made syrup home-made jam and juice. If you look closely you might recognize a certain orange pitcher. Call me sentimental, but I just have so many memories with that pitcher and I continue to make more. Tyson and Nate seemed to bond right away, perhaps it was the food that worked the magic. Here is the picture of the awesome house I am residing in. As Tyson calls it
"the Dees/Salinas Manor"
After the parade ended we all had some bonding time...well Tara and I did. Des made fun of us and Nate talked on the phone.
During the day we went on the most miserable trip down the Provo River. If you can tell the sky is beginning to be overcast, which consequently made the weather cooler. The water is snow run off and you see our little floaties? Yeah, it was miserable. I believe I started getting Hypothermia after we were out of the river and it took me over an hour to warm up. Josh's toenail got torn off while we were floating down the river, but lucky for him we were all so numb he didn't even feel it. I thought I sprained my foot because it hurt to walk, but luckily I just bruised it really bad. (it's still swolen and discolored) haha.
Before the fireworks we all gathered around and played this card game, it was really fun. I wish I remembered what it was called or even how to play it.Sunday morning the boys came over and we went to church. I typically make Tara and I biscuits Sunday mornings, but since I slept in a bit and she had to go to church I had to make biscuits for Kevin, Tyson and Jesse instead (with home-made jam of course)Saying goodbye to the boys.
Kung-Fu Panda style. Nate and our friend Rico.

3 comments:

MegANDustin said...

My friend Katie almost lived in that house! I toured it with her and loved it. Boy oh boy, do I miss Provo!

Jennifer Karyn said...

yeah, i really love the house! it's a ton of fun!

Melanie said...

looks like fun ... keep having a blast and don't worry about the future. I'm serious Jenn, relax, and don't plan. I know this is a hard one for you. But I think if you pray and fast just about every week, even you might be able to just enjoy your time out there. :)