Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dad, you should be proud

I always knew that I would have a hard time leaving the comforts of home and being out on my own. It wasn't until recently that I realized that being away from my dad, brothers, and just guys that are useful is the worst feeling ever. For some reason in Utah they don't raise men right. They raise them to be book smart, but that's about it. Socially, they're awkward, and most importantly, they are the opposite of handy...would it be handynessless? It's a new word. I'll patnent it. So here is me. I'm fixing my throttle position sensor. Tara took this picture and we all got a pretty good laugh because I'm getting greased up to my elbow while wearing a cardigan (which remained spotless) I was so proud of myself. I fixed my car...sorta. Jeff helped as he listened and answered my phone calls about parts, possibilities of what was wrong and so much more. The auto parts store guy was great too as he ran many tests and through a bit of innocent flirting I got a new battery for my car for 30% off. Make fun of the blonde hair all you want, but it comes in handy in dire times.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yes Jenn we are all proud of you. I'd definitely say the Big Guy is refining you in every way, even helping you to be independent.