I'm not sure if it's because I moved away from home or because I'm getting older, or maybe because I get really homesick, or maybe a combination of all ove the mentioned... but I would like to brag for a little bit in this posting.
I have been so blessed in my life with the wonderful familiy that I have; especially my parents. I have been raised by people that are good and stalwart members of the church, who love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Because of their strong testimonies and the way they live their lives it has inspired me given me the desire to live like they do and have the testimonies they have.
I have so many wonderful memories of growing up mainly because my parents promoted family unity and closeness. Growing up the memories I love most aren't being with my friends or being in school or playing sports or anything like that. Some of my favorite memories are of the little things we did as a family or the simple displays of love my parents showed. Growing up my dad always brushed and sometimes blow dried my hair, he always called me his cuddle bug and took us girls on Daddy-Daughter outings. My mom always made sure the house was welcoming for all of us when we got home from school and was so self-less as she raised us and gave her all to us. I loved coming home from school and telling her about my day and I looked forward for the boys to go to Fathers and sons so we could all have girls night.
My parent always do good. Being raised with day care children and foster care children in the home could be thought of as bothersome or maybe that attention was taken away from their kids, but it was the exact opposite. I never questioned my parents love for me even when I had to share it with foster children. I knew I was important and I knew my place in the family. Through their self-less acts of taking needy children into our home I gained a huge appriciation for the fostercare system and the need for more people like my parents. It shaped the things I wanted to study in school, and the goal I have for my life now. Although they might not look at doing foster care as significant as I do, it has shaped who I am. I have a desire to help these children in need just as they did when they extended our family to Bennett, Alex and Matty.
I'll never forget the weekend the boys were adopted. I remember the feeling I had as I saw my parents and the boys in the temple and I am so grateful for the experience and the addition to our family. I'm so grateful for the love I have for every member of my family and for my parent's examples in every aspect of the word. 

Sorry Mom, I know you hate this picture, but it's my FAVORITE.
No comments:
Post a Comment