Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sledding=freezing

I went sledding. Not with these guys, they just happened to be there and take the only picture I have to document the event. Jeff suited me up in his snowboarding pants and gloves. I had approximently 50 layers on and still managed to freeze. I started out strong though. I was warm. Then towards the end the snow managed to seep through the snow boarding pants and soak all the way through. I don't know that I ever recovered. I'm still cold. Maybe because 19 degrees, which is relatively warm considering on my way to work with windchill it was -4 yesterday. But, thank goodness, it started to snow and warm things up a bit. Today we will hit a high 31*. NOT TOO SHABBY!!!
I've never seen so much snow. It hasn't snowed that hard, just steady and it sure has piled up! I was suprised my car didn't get stuck this morning. Way to go Focus. The snow is beautiful, but it sure is a pain. Lucky for me Jeff has kept our walk way shoveled and I haven't had to do it, but even when I brush the snow off my car I end up completely covered. There's no way around it. As far as my car goes...well hopefully the heat will get fixed tonight. I'm taking it into the shop and I can't tell you how great it will to drive warm again.
Another thought I had that isn't to do with snow. But more or less my realization that I'm a true panzy. Thanks to Jeff for bringing this to my attention. But every time we do something I have a fear of breaking my arm, or head. We went to the tumbling gym (see post below) and sledding two times and each time I'm afraid to do much. I'll do only things that I trust myself doing. I used to think I was a tough girl. But I'm really not. Sorry to disappoint any of you that I might of had fooled.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the two posts. Looks like a lot of fun. Oh, and by the way, your hair looks really long in your new years pictures ... :D

Megan Holdaway said...

I feel your pain. The cold is a burn. The other day my mom took the boys to the snow. Why, I ask, would you GO to the snow? My perspective has forever been changed :)