Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peer Pressure

25 Things ALL ABOUT ME!!!

1. I could listen to music 24/7. Even when I'm on the phone at work I just turn it down and still sing along to songs in my head. When Mel and I worked together they used to say we always hummed. I still find myself doing it. I think it's because we always have a song playing in our heads.

2. I decided today that Mel and I are supposed to be twins. We look alike, she's my best friend, and our birthdays are so close already.

3. My last semester in college I drank a 64 oz Dr. Pepper and a bag of either Riesens or Dove Milk Chocolate while I was studying at night. How I didn't gain 50 lbs, I don't know.

4. My personality is almost completely a yellow. If you don't know what that means: ALL I care about is having fun and being the center of attention... is this true???

5. If my little brothers weren't my brother's they'd be my children. I feel like a mother to them and I feel like I abandoned my children when I moved to Utah.

6. Along with number five I have a severe case of Attachment Disorder. Not like the normal kind that foster kids get. I have the kind where it I never wanted to move out, live on my own, live away from my family, etc. I still have it, I'm just better at dealing with it.

7. Along with 5 & 6, I have the best family anyone could ask for. I'm very close to all my siblings and consider all of them my best friends. I'm lucky that they've all married awesome people and have amazing kids. I was raise by two of the most faithful amazing parents anyone could ask for.

8. (copying mels) Someday I want to live next door to Mel. I've dreamed about this my whole life and it would be a dream come true if it actually happened..

9. Along with 8, I fear raising kids with out Mel and my Mom to help me.

10. I like to try things to say I've tried them. Half of the time I'm terrified I'll get hurt, get a disease, or something, but I just want to say that I did it. But it's really all pride. Because deep down I'm afraid of most things.

11. I used to think I'd have a lot of pets when I grew up. When I finally moved out on my own I got a cat, then gave it away, realizing I never want pets. Here's to growing up.

12. I never fold socks together. I hate foldings socks, and whites. I don't know why, maybe it's the lack of color. But my sock drawer is full of single socks and half the time I don't wear matching socks because I hate looking for the match.

13. I almost killed my little brother when I was 5. I took his floaties off his arms because I wanted to use them. I got sick of wearing them about 2 minutes later and then a few minuts after that Kevin jumped into the pool. My mom came running out and saved him. I never told anyone that for like 15 years. I was afraid of getting in trouble. Then I realized that he was 18 and I probably wouldn't get in trouble anymore.

14. Jeff and I used to do a lot of illegal stuff. I thought I was so cool because he'd let me do stuff with him. I don't regret anything we did either. (sorry mom)

15. I have a scar on my face. I'm proud of it too. I don't know why, it's just who I am. I wouldn't take it away if I had the option.

16. Speaking of scars, Jeff one time cut my ear off....almost...flappy forward is close enough.

17. In college I learned that I have a love of art. I'm not very good at it, but I absolutly love making it. It's so peaceful.

18. I dream of saving children from abusive situations. Somehow...I'm not sure how to accomplish this yet. I also dream of writing about how I saved these children and so people could read about it and it would inspire them. Like the woman who wrote "Another Place at the Table". She inspired me (so did my parents).

19. I think I have a mild case of OCD. I find something I like (pottery, bowling, and many other things) and I just can't get enough of it. I even dream about it.

20. My favorite day would also copy Mel's and it would include a Mid-April day in Folsom, then going to Negro Bar, then Folsom Zoo with a Mr. Pibb in hand. My family would of course be there with me.
21. When I was 4 or 5 I killed Megans gold fish. I never confessed, but Meg, this is my confession now. I'm sorry.
22. I love suprises and planning them makes me unable to sit still, I get so excited and most of the time ruin them.
23. When I was in school I would tell my mom that classes were cancelled so I could go to the park with Mel, Em and the kids (sorry mom, I guess this is more of a confessional). I guess I figured those moments were more meaningful than school. And I still feel the same way. I don't regret it at all.
24. Speaking of #23 I remember when I was in grade school my mom would let me stay home from school and I would just hang out with her or help her babysit. I loved it.
25. My favorite movie is 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and it always has been. I know every line in that movie and my mom says I used to know all the dance moves and songs. I used to dream of marrying Gideon. Because, after all, he is the cutest one, and he sits on the ladder really cool in the barn. (don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about),

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Hahaha, love it, all of it. You are witty, just like our cousins!!

Alicia said...

I love the movie 7 Brides for 7 Brothers...I actually just bought it on DVD last week & watched it all weekend unwinding from my Baby Shower! LOVE IT!!!

Megan Holdaway said...

You killed my fish!?! That is so funny. You are so funny! I love reading 25 things about people. I'm going to start writing 25 things a week.

Christine said...

I think you should take #14 off- just incase the CHP isn't done investigating...

Christine said...

did you get home safely???

Jennifer Karyn said...

Hey Chris, I never said WHICH jeff :D
Yes, I got home safely, but the weather was HORRIBLE!!! It took 12 hours to get back (doesn't sound bad, but when you get back at 3 am it's pretty horrible)

IT was so fun seeing you!