Jeff and I went on a little hike to these water slides and they were so much fun! Can't wait to go again! They reminded me so much of Dinky Creek
I had to include a picture of Dinky Creek. SO our new found water slide isn't as beautiful, but seriously, doesn't this picture bring back some awesome memories!! I think we all need to take a trip back down to this little slice of heaven.
We took a trip to celebrate as well.
The first night we cut up our drive and stayed in Las Vegas. It was fun, we've done it a few times. This time we stayed at the Flamingo, which, surprisingly was a nice hotel! I had no idea they had a whole flamingo habitat in the back of the hotel and a water park! Unfortunatly they close the water park at 5PM so we didn't get to enjoy it. The fountains.
The gardens
The fire.
After Las Vegas we got up early in the morning and drove to Long Beach. We met up with Uncle Mike and he took us Kayaking around the bay and around the island. It was so much fun. It is really beautiful down there! I was sad not to get any pictures doing that, but I was pretty soaked by the time we were done so it's a good thing I didn't take my camera. Afterwards Uncle Mike was so nice to take us out to a really great Mexican restaraunt. It was great to spend time with him and it was really fun!
That night we drove down to our hotel in Carlsbad.
In the morning we woke up and went to SEA WORLD!!!!
***Warning, LOTS of pictures of animals***
We Love Shamu Little Mermain Eels.
Shark Exhibit
Flamingo Exhibit: He's a natural
Star Fish!
Acrobat show. Pretty cool!
I wanted this guy for a pet. Little turtle.
We got to pet these Sting Rays. They felt really cool. I didn't put the pictures up of us petting them though :(
This guy loved the attention he got at the window.
Oh did I mention we loved Shamu?? This is our private show.
The night show was awesome. We waited about an hour in line at the gate so we could get good seats. How good were our seats you ask? AMAZING. We got front row seats right at Shamu's little ledge he'd jump onto. We got a little wet, but not as wet as I thought I would. Shamu is a stud. Best whale performer ever.
The next day we woke up and rented a surf board to go surfing around Carlsbad. As you can tell it was really overcast. I was a baby and didn't get in the water at all. But Jeffrey here was a pro at surfing. He doesn't mind the cold as much!
After surfing we went and tried to see some tide pools. However there really wasn't a low tide that day and they were never really revealed. It was still fun walking around the beach and hunting in the tide pools. Jeff found a few little crabs and other critters.
That night we walked down to the beach from our hotel and walked around downtown Carlsbad we also ate dinner down by the beach. It was a nice evening.
I already miss this trip. It was so much fun and so great to have Jeff all to myself for five days.
Some more recent updates: I've sort of learned out to wake surf...sort of...I'm starting to get the hang of it and I LOVE IT.
Jeff is basically a pro at surfing though. Check this out, he did the 360, just wasn't able to catch the wave again. Someday maybe I can be this good...
Also, I can jump...a little...if you look really closely....
If you got this far in the post congratulations. It was long. Hope it wasn't too painful. But I just wanted to share our good times with you.
6 comments:
LOVED THIS POST!! So great. Your trip looked like so much fun. When Marley and I were watching the videos of you guys surfing and wake boarding she kept saying "Aunt Jenn! Aunt Jenn! Why is she not listening to me? ... Aunt Jenn!" She thought we were skyping. Hahaha. Anyway, it was great. I especially loved the videos ... and I did see you jump. Good job!!
Looks like a BLAST! So glad you guys got to do something fun for your anniversary. Seeing your pictures makes me miss your face;)Your wake boarding skills are getting way too good. I think I need to come and show you whats up.(I've never wake boarded in my life).
Jenn i love you!!! Happy Anniversary! We must play soon. You are doing all kinds of fun things. Also you look amazing and so happy in your pictures. I love them.
Can i just say that table is AMAZING!?!?!?!
fun!!! the table is so cute!
also, i can wakesurf too! we should go next week! your anniversary looked so great- jeff should give damon some good pointers (furniture, trip, lots of eating out...) to damon in november. haha.
The table turned out really nice, I love it! Now I need to see it in your apartment all decorated! Glad you guys had fun on your trip and sorry I missed this last boating trip. Maybe I'll come next time ;)
Post a Comment