Sunday, June 12, 2011

26.2

Jeffrey and I ran the Utah Valley Marathon yesterday. It was Jeff's third marathon and my first. Jeffrey did really well finishing at 3:49. He amazes me with his running ability. I am proud of him and how well he did. In the picture below he's the man dressed in white coming to the finish line.
There he goes skipping across the finish line. He told me he ended up beating those people in front of him :)
Don't judge me. I know I look horrible in this picture. Let's just say after 26 miles I wasn't feeling the best. But I DID IT!!
Finally sitting down. I didn't know it was possible for every inch of me to hurt like it did!
I was very proud to finish my first...and probably last marathon. At this point I wasn't even excited. I just wanted to go shower and lay down. The excitement of my achievement has since hit and I'm definitely proud of myself...am I allowed to say that? I didn't do as well as I had hoped to do, but I'm proud that I finished and reached my goal I've had planned for a year and half.
After it all yesterday I think I decided to stick to half marathons. They are the perfect length for a race, but at least I can say I've done one marathon.
Thank you to everyone that read this and listened to me brag a little bit. :)

6 comments:

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

wow, you are awesome! running terrifies me, i wish i could have been there to see you finish! way to go!!!

Christine said...

What good is doing a marathon if you can't brag just a little! I am so proud! Now you can get oneof the cool stickers for your car. 26.1!

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS JENN!!! that's so great! i've really been wanting to do a marathon! it's gonna have to wait for a little while but i do want to do one! way to go!!!

Alicia said...

You are amazing! Congrats girl!

Melanie said...

Don't apologize for bragging ... it's awesome. And I think you look great crossing that finish line. I mean come on, you're smiling and all. Good job Jenn.

krisjane said...

That is a HUGE accomplishment and one you have every right to brag about and be proud of!! Way to go!! And I agree with Mel, you look GREAT coming across the finish line!! :)