Monday, June 20, 2011

Odds and Ins

Well this is kinda a boring post, just thought I'd share RANDOM things that I've been up to post-marathon. I haven't ran once yet (I plan to this week, we'll see how that goes). Instead I've been up to other fun things that I've been wanting to do for sometime. Example: I made this delicious Strawberry Cream Puff Cake and updated Mel's and my cooking blog I also gave myself a long awaited pedicure. That's right. I'm gross. I didn't ever want to soften up my feet for fear of getting blisters. So after the race I worked on my feet a bit and took off calluses and popped blisters. Yes, I believe my feet were still swollen in this picture. It was the day after the race.
A couple of days later I lost a toenail. So much for that pedicure. At least my feet aren't hurting anymore!! I copied someone's blog and made my own painting. I'm quite fond of it and it's art-deco feel. Although that's not what I was going for, and it didn't turn out as I imagined, I still think it was very fun to do and a fun, bright painting for our humble abode. The total cost: $25. Not too shabby for a fun Saturday activity.


I've also been a little too obsessed with Pinterest.com

On this site I kept seeing pictures of people with "waterfall braids" or "cascading braids" So I tried it on myself and I might be a little obsessed with it. I think its pretty fun.

We went wake-surfing last week. I thought I was feeling pretty healed up and felt fine, but as soon as I was up on the board I kept getting charlie horses everywhere! I don't think my muscles were completely healed, and I still feel a little stiff, but I think I'm good to go for another boating trip this week :)


We've also done some BBQ's with friends and played sand volleyball at night. Some of my favorite summer activities! SUMMER FINALLY ARRIVED!! (minus Sunday)


Anyways, nothing too exciting, but that's the life of Jenn!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love it. I forgot about that dessert, can't wait to try it. I also can't wait to try that braid in Marley's hair. Maybe on Sunday? I was going to do it this recent Sunday but she had braids in her hair and when I took them out the crimps were too cute. So, maybe another time. I think you should just paint your toe, no one will notice. And that's so fun you painted. I love it. I always have all these ideas and never follow through with them, so good for you. Way to be productive on your day off.

Rachel W said...

OK, next time you make that dessert thing I think I should be invited over :-) Love the painting too, it turned out great!