I know some of you have probably seen this, but Mel posted this on Facebook yesterday. I laugh every time I read it. This girl is just so awesome...
A little exerpt from today's journal:
So Marley falls a sleep in a
very interesting way. I always know when she's ready to dose off
because she assumes her "position". While laying on her belly, with one
hand on another, tucked under her right thigh, under her N.A.P.
blanket, she gentle rocks herself to sleep.
Jenn was in town this last weekend. To finish off the trip we all headed up to Lake
Tahoe for the day. We got home around 5:00 and all the kids were
exhausted. In the midst of unpacking the van from the day's activities
and coordinating the kid's showers and dinner time, I noticed Marley was
rocking away on the couch about to crash. So I said "Marley, Marley,
wake up!" She perked up a bit and looked at me and noticably concerned
said "Mom ... does Heavenly Father and Jesus live up there?" while
pointing to the ceiling. "Yes," I replied. "Oh no! I'm not gonna shake
my bum at them anymore." And with that she rolled over and resumed her
routine on her back. With both hands on top of her right thigh, rocking
away, she said "Now I'm gonna shake my bum at Satan."
I tried not
to laugh out loud at her sweet and innocent concern, but assured her
that I'm sure Heavenly Father and Jesus are more concerned that she
slept comfortably and I know they wouldn't be upset about how she was
shaking her bum as she fell asleep. That night she slept on her belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment