Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ode to Des

So Des is leaving me.
She came to Utah,
She is my wing-woman.
So because she's leaving me, I thought I'd do a little obituary of our good times
and the things I love about her.
**Des isn't afraid to dance like a black woman.
** She is the one person I know that can stare at a Taco Bell menu for ten minutes and only order a quesadilla.
** She appriciates history, knowledge, and learning.
**She's a professional phlebby and sticks really well.
**When I was really poor and hungry she made me alfredo on a Sunday, at my house. I just watched.
** Sometimes she does my dishes, or helps.
**She loves CA as much as me, and together we realize that we had it good there.


** She doesn't judge me and my messy apartment.
** She lets me whine, vent, and cry, and helps me realize that life is still good.
** She understands that skinny jeans and heels just make your butt look amazing.
** On the dance floor she has this ability to draw ALL non-white men.
** When I eye a guy, she pushes me towards him.


**She doesn't get embarassed. She laughs at me when I get embarassed.
** She makes me feel cool, even when I know I'm not.
**She helps me put life into perspective.
** By watching her I have learned what friendship is about. It's give and take.
(but she's a lot better at giving than anyone I know)

Ode to Des. Love ya girl.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You sound like you love her ... I thought you were for prop 8.