Monday, March 30, 2009

Las Vegas & Zion's-- Mother of All Posts

For those of you that follow my blog:
for those of you that don't -you probably should- my life is very interesting.
you should know that Jeffrey took me to Las Vegas and Zion's Nation Park this weekend. It was soooooooo much fun. I've never been to either place so it was quite the experience to go and see these places. It was a whirlwind weekend. We left right at 4:30 after I got off work and headed straight to Las Vegas. It was cool driving down the hill into Vegas because there was nothing around and then in the middle of now where, a huge town with tons of lights!! This is a huge post. After 209 pictures, these are the few that I think are the best... I am pretty sure Jeffrey and I documented every move we made. I'm so glad though because now I can remember the whole weekend!
Most of the pictures are of Jeff because it's my c amera and I like taking pictures of him.
To start out we drove through the strip then parked at New York, NY. Here is the statue of Liberty
Inside the MGM they had a lion habitat so of course I wanted to go see it. They had this walk through that was glass on top and the lion laid there. It was so cool to see him this close!

Paris!

Outside the Balligio waiting for the fountains to go.

Jeff and I both had issues being photogenic in Vegas. Maybe it was all the sin around us ;)

Still waiting for the fountains... We wore our matching shoes...bad idea for Jenn. My foot was hurting sooo bad that night.

Titanic song




SO high and SO cool


At Ceasar's Palace. Pirate ship
This guy was crazy. We saw him by the volcano then we saw him later at the roller coaster rides at the stratosphere..he was so scared. Big Baby.


The Volcano



We made it to Paris!Jeffrey standing in the middle of the road :)


The Stratosphere. This building looks like the space needle and is about 3,000 feet tall. The rides are on top of the building. The first ride we went on Teeder-Toddered over the side of the building and then the second ride swung us out over the building and we spinned us. I was a little scared! My hands hurt after holding on so tight!


Jeffrey driving to St. George. Lots of driving for one weekend!

The next morning we got up and went to the St. George temple. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. This temple is also beautiful. I loved it.

After the temple we went to Virgin to meet up with the rest of the group. Jeffrey's sister's in-laws showed us around Zion's National Park. The first stop was the Weeping Rock. I loved this place. The water comes out of the rock. This happens because the snow melts on top of the mountain and the rocks up there are really porous so they soak into the rock then they hit slate rock which is not porous so it seeps out of the rock. So cool!



This is Amanda Jeffrey's sister and her kids Lindsey and Garrett and her mother-in-law our tour guideJeffrey sat up there and watched us feel the water.

You know, just relaxing on the warm rocks, soaking up some great sun

I made him..

We took a little walk to some hyroglyphics.

These are long-horned sheeps and some other animals we couldn't figure out

The round symbol means movement.

This one is to the fertility God.... Look closely enough and you can see where pornography began.
These are back-packer indians :)






Jeff made me climb on top of this rock. It doesn't even look high...but I climbed it... and I felt like I was high.


Jeff running up a steep hill

Taking a nap. haha.

Hiding out

Jeff getting some exercise in. haha.




Can you see his head poking out on the rock?
We were so happy all weekend



This is Jeff's sister and her two kids Lindsey and Garrett.

Jeff and Garrett chasing a lizard


The sand under this tunnel was cool and really fine.

He made me feel it.

Jeff and Garrett were racing to see who could find water first

He was tired on the drive back to the house

Jeffrey and I tried to go to the top of a Mesa to watch the sunset...instead we found cows. For some reason this video has had us laughing ever since.
This is the view we had when we were waiting for the sun to set on the red rocks

Last day :(

Hike to Emerald Pools

Jeff chasing a squirrel
aparently he likes to chase small animals.
Drop off with a beautiful view!


We layed down for a few minutes on the warm rocks and we were so tired when it was time to get up we didn't want to hike back down.

I think Jeff is trying to catch a snake in this picture.


View at Kolob Canyons

We definatly did a hie to Kolob






This is on the way home...leaving 70 degree weather...heading into clouds. I got home to a snow covered car. I wasn't too happy. I miss the desert!!


5 comments:

Melanie said...

so much fun!!! What a weekend. I want one!

Melanie said...

By the way ... the picture of St. George temple right after Las Vegas. Even in the pictures the contrast is amazing.

Megan Holdaway said...

What a fun trip! And, seriously, what a great guy. You two are really cute together... and we both know that that's what really matters :)

krisjane said...

How fun!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! You got some really great pictures!

Christine said...

What a trip! OOOHHH to be young again....