I just had a funny experience. A Bolivian woman came into my work to pick up an application for the Farmer's Market. I mention that she is Bolivian only because I think there is a little bit of a culture difference and I don't think she realized the things she was asking were a little inappropriate. While my boss was trying to print out an application she proceeded to get very personal with me. She asked if the baby was going to come soon, to which I responded that I still have three months left. Then she asked me how long I waited to get pregnant. A little shocked I responded "we have been married for three years." Then she asked "How old are you?" (She seemed a little surprised that I had been married for three years) I said I am 26. Then she said "How much weight have you gained?" I was shocked I didn't know what to say so I totally lied. With how open she was I didn't want her to tell me I had gained too much or anything. So I threw out a number. She then said "Well you haven't gained too much. Because it is easy to tell when women gain too much, their arms get big." OH.MY.GOSH. Then she proceeded to tell me to walk a lot because when she walked a lot during her pregnancy the baby came "1,2,3 the baby was out."
Anyways. Learn a lesson lady, don't ask someone how much weight they've gained!!
1 comment:
haha. 1,2,3. people say the dumbest things to pregnant women, they feel like they have some right to know everything about you and your pregnancy.
Post a Comment