Jeffrey and I went on an adventure last night. He's been wanting to take me up hiking to Squaw Peak. So we went. It wa sa good hike with gorgeous scenery. I kinda lost my spirits when we got close to the top and there was snow. I hate hiking in snow. I tried my hardest not to whine but I think Jeff caught on that I wasn't too happy. But once we got to the top it was very rewarding. here are some pictures from the top. Then I'll continue the rest of the story.
Oh and a shot of my ring :)
Oh and a shot of my ring :)Name that movie
Beautiful sunset! And dang good lookin' guy :)
Now to the rest of the story. As you can tell Jeff and I got to the top of the mountain at sunset. It took us 2 hours to get to the top. SO we figured we'd take a "faster" route down the face of the mountain. In the video Jeff kinda shows the way down we took. It doesn't look too bad until you realize the whole way down is very steep with almost no stable footing. The rocks slide all around. I haven't been that scared in a long time. Poor Jeffrey. At one point when he was helping me down a rock I just kinda broke down because I was so scared. My body hurt so bad and I hadn't eaten since 11am and kept getting charlie horses in my foot and calves. My body ached and I felt like we would never get to the bottom of the mountain alive. But we did it. I can't accuratly describe the mountain or the experience. It's like you had to be there. But just believe me when I say it was scary. But now I have bragging rights forever. I'm sure not many people have been so daring (or stupid).
Beautiful sunset! And dang good lookin' guy :)
Now to the rest of the story. As you can tell Jeff and I got to the top of the mountain at sunset. It took us 2 hours to get to the top. SO we figured we'd take a "faster" route down the face of the mountain. In the video Jeff kinda shows the way down we took. It doesn't look too bad until you realize the whole way down is very steep with almost no stable footing. The rocks slide all around. I haven't been that scared in a long time. Poor Jeffrey. At one point when he was helping me down a rock I just kinda broke down because I was so scared. My body hurt so bad and I hadn't eaten since 11am and kept getting charlie horses in my foot and calves. My body ached and I felt like we would never get to the bottom of the mountain alive. But we did it. I can't accuratly describe the mountain or the experience. It's like you had to be there. But just believe me when I say it was scary. But now I have bragging rights forever. I'm sure not many people have been so daring (or stupid).
I can tell this story now be cause we survived and didn't get hurt too bad. :) I'm grateful for that for sure. I really didn't want to die before I get to marry Jeffrey in 64 days :)

1 comment:
Movie: Father of the Bride - 1.
Post a Comment