Friday, April 23, 2010

Snow in the Morning, Boating in the Evening

Well I guess summer is here...or around the corner. We took the boat out for the first time last night. It was snowing yesterday morning on my way to work, and by the end of the day I got a text from Jeff asking if I wanted to go boating haha. Here is Jeff WakeSurfing. He did pretty good, I'm excited to try it...yes I was too big of a wimp to get in the water. I was freezing just sitting on the boat...but I was a little jealous when they were in the water. And here is my brother - in -law Kevin WakeSurfing.
SIDENOTE: I was talking to my brother Kevin yesterday and apparently he didn't know I have a brother Jeff, Husband Jeff, brother Kevin, brother-in-law Kevin. He got a good laugh out of that.

After the boys were finished in the water Jeff got all dried off and put his sweats on. I think he was finally getting warm by the time we got to the dock. This ranger was waiting at the dock to make sure everything was ok with the boat. So when Jeff went to jump off the boat to get the car, he thought the dock was closer than it actually was and he fell in. It was pretty hilarious from my point of view it just looked like he walked off the boat into the water. Oh thanks for the great laugh Jeff :)
Last but certainly not least... I am officially registered for the St. George Marathon. I'm excited (scared out of my mind)
and a little nervous for it. I'm also running the Utah Valley half marathon on June 12th. I'm feeling pretty good about that one...I just have to stay away from Orange Juice after a long run :) Tomorrow I'll do my first 10 mile run. It's pretty fulfilling to be able to run this far. I've never been a runner, but I like to act like I am one now.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy cow ... Jeff falling in the water is awesome!!!! I was seriously laughing out loud. SO FUNNY!!!

Rachel W said...

I am so upset I missed Jeff falling in the water! That would have totally been worth suffering through being freezing cold on the boat!

Rachel

Megan Holdaway said...

You definitely are a runner once you sign up for a marathon!