Friday, June 26, 2009

Wedding Hair-- Opinions please

Ok. SO I know more people read this blog than comment. I KNOW this. So here is your chance to fess up and help a girl out. haha.

I know my 3 loyal readers ( Mel, Kristen & Megan) will comment and anyone else that has an opinion please comment also.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my hair for the wedding (15 days) and I have just a few pictures on this post. Help me figure out which is best. I chose to look at celebrity pictures because....well....they're actually pretty. So many pictures from just ordinary people I found online are not what I want at all. I don't want barrel curls, I don't want it to look perfect, I'm happy if some hairs are strategically out of place. :) SO here are some of my ideas


1. The beautiful Miley Cyrus.

This is what I was originally thinking. I love it. I think it's beautiful and elegant. When I knew Jeffrey and I would be getting married I started growing out my bangs so I coudl have "elegant" bangs. Because who wants short "trendy" bangs for your wedding. They need to be timeless...right?2. I like Ashley Olson. Mary Kate always seems to look scary, but Ashley has a beautiful style. ( or maybe it's the other way around. Who really knows...I like the non-bulemic one.) (she's the blonde one in this picture). Yet another example of a style that would look good...maybe a loose french twist in back? Her bangs rock. I'd have to cut mine to look like this, but I'm willing too. If not right now, I will after the wedding for sure!
3. Yet another (I think it's Ashley). I think my hair might be too thick for this do...but I think it's adorable..and again, no idea what it'd look like in the back...

4. I'm normally not a fan of side-dos....but I think this one looks kinda pretty...not my first choice at all, but still thought I'd throw it in the mix.

5. Ok this is where my ideas are changing: I thought I wanted those "elegant" bangs...but how fantastic does it look to have all the hair off the face? Totally opens up this woman's face and I think it is awesome. I'm leaning more towards something like this.

6. This is one of the hairstyles I've wanted since before Jeff proposed....7. Now I know you can't see any hair do in this picture, but I have fallen in love with silk flowers. I am not having a veil so I thuoght I silk flower (maybe not this bit) would be pretty with any one of these up-dos.

OK Now coment and tell me what you think. :) Love you all

10 comments:

Angenelle said...

i kind of like the 5th one. the side do with the hair pulled back. that is my favorite!

Melanie said...

I love the silk flower idea, and I think Miley's hair is my favorite, I like having bangs more.

ktlzzmak said...

I agree with mel i like the miley hair do with a silk flower... but if you wanted to go away from the curls i like the updo with all the hair away from the face.

i too am a loyal reader but a horrible commenter. :) i am so excited for you!

krisjane said...

I like a combination of 1,2,and 7. I love the ways it looks in the back in 1, and you could do that and have it look like number 2 in the front, and I LOVE silk flowers, especially if you won't be having a veil. I think all that together would be a very elegant, yet classic and timeless look. No matter what, you're going to look gorgeous!!

Judy Stohl said...

I think I like #1 the best but #6 or #7 with the pulled back look is great also. You will be beautiful no matter what style you choose!!

JustLivingMYLife said...

lol looks like i am not alone when i say mileys! :D and the silk flower is beautiful! :) i really wanted a flower in mine, but my hair was too short so all i could do to it was curl it in barrel curls, but my sis did it and it turned out amazing so i was happy haha but yes, my vote is miley+flower! you will be such a beautiful bride! i cant wait to see all your pics.

ps, im addicted to editing pictures too so if you have any you want to print out for your reception i could play with some, or maybe later on w your wedding ones :D

Lorie said...

i'm thinking a mix between one and two. One is nice, but a little too clean cut and would be nice to make it a little funkier. I think bangs or off the face can look gorgeous with any of the hair dos, just depends on what you feel hotter in.

p.s. who is doing your hair? you have too many friends that do hair. Either way I would love to if you would like.

Hayley Marie said...

I think 1 or 6 would be best on you but I like the idea of mixing it up and adding a flower (like 7) as well. I'm sure whatever you choose will look great!

Cammi said...

Hi Jenn,

It's Cammi (Judy's daughter) - I read your blog often but rarely comment. Isn't that annoying? But I love your blog so I thought I should vote for the hairdos! I love the messy Miley bun but I also like the last one that is pulled in a little tighter. They are both great. I think a silk flower is FABULOUS when having no veil. As for the bangs vs. no bangs - I remember reading once that a bride should never do their wedding hair style too far off from how they would normally wear their hair - otherwise it will look too contrived and not really your style. You have always had awesome hair so I'm sure ANY of these are going to look great on you! Good luck...and Congratulations!

Megan Holdaway said...

I am commenting so late and you've probably picked out your 'do, but I love the silk flower and #5.

Can't wait until this weekend!